Friday, December 7, 2007

This Week's Favorite Quotes

“Ribbon poses choking hazard.”
Fine print on the gold-foil-wrapped, chocolate reindeer I found on my desk this morning.

“Excuse me; I’ve got gifts to buy.”
Holiday manipulated version of Jimi Hendrix’s Purple Haze lyrics, played on WXRT.

“Margarine is one molecule away from being plastic.”
From one of those chain-email warnings being circulated.

Girl 1 (with enthusiasm): “Wow! Can you believe it’s snowing outside?”
Girl 2 (deadpan): “Yes. It’s December; I kind of expected it.”
Overheard in the elevator at the office.

“This is gay.”
Written on a frosted window of the Holiday Bus on my commute. Note: The Holiday Bus is an interior decorated bus complete with flashing holiday lights, hanging ornaments, candy-striped railings and loud, obnoxious holiday music.

2 comments:

Dawn:,  December 7, 2007 at 7:25 PM  

I dunno, the Holiday Bus sounds like a good time to me.

jen,  December 8, 2007 at 4:41 PM  

The only thing that really bothered me about the holiday bus was the volume of the music - way louder than previous years I've ridden it. Other than that, it's kindof fun. More fun though, I think, to see grumpy morning commuters react to it.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP