Sunday, December 9, 2007

Political eHarmony

Found this link to be interesting.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/page?id=3623346

Answer a series of mutiple choice questions and get matched with your ideal candidates.

Here were my top three candidates based on my Q & A choices:

1) Mike Gravel (Democrat)
2) Dennis Kucinich (Democrat)
3) Ron Paul (Republican, but really, more Libertarian these days)

I didn't really know much about Mike Gravel, but I am interested to learn more about him now.

I figured Ron Paul might make the tally, though. I have do libertarian tendancies in my viewpoints. It kills me that he's running as a Republican (now that Republican means something entirely different than what the party's original intent was). I know that's a more politically strategic choice than anything else. I can't help but respect a guy who voted against the Iraq War, against the Patroit Act, and against internet regulations.

And, Kucinich? He makes me laugh. I don't think he has a shot in hell, but I do think he's got some great ideas and a fun sense of humor. I would prefer him to Hillary, for sure.

I like the idea of having a candidate matched to people's own opinions current issues. Otherwise, your vote is based on a commercial sell, likely within the party your are already married to. I am not registered as Republican or Democrat, because I belive both parties have innate flaws. Of the more popular candidates, I like Obama. Politically, he still has some adjustments to make. I don't buy the argument against him that he doesn't have enough experience, though. Experience in what? Having his hands in corporate pockets? I know many experienced people in life that I wouldn't trust my freedom to because they are experienced in being manipulative.

To me, the Republican party and Democratic party are two heads of the same monster. The real reason we will never have a President worthy of the job is that the ones smart enough to pull it off are also smart enough not to want the job in the first place.

So, take the quiz and let me know who your proposed ideal 3 are. I'm curious to see if anyone is surprised by the results.

1 comments:

Dawn: December 12, 2007 at 1:15 PM  

My Top Three according to the Ultra Scientific Poll ;-) were:

1. Dennis Kucinich
2. Mike Gravel
3. Mike Huckabee (a Republican??? Wha???)

I'm a registered Democrat and so far I'm favoring Obama as well. But I'll take a liberal- any liberal- over what we've got now.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP