Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Aspiring to The Best of The Worst

I rarely submit my poetry to any contests publications. I usually prefer to publish my own collections. BUT, I cannot resist the annual Wergle Flomp contest put on by winningwriters.com
In attempt to unmask the blatant commercialism behind all those cheesy vanity contests for poets, they have devised a contest to expose these for what they are in a really fun way. To enter, you must write the WORST poem you can possibly pen and submit it first to one of the infamous vanity contests and then submit to the Wergle Flomp contest indicating which scam you submitted to. I submitted in August to both poetry.com and then to Wergle Flomp. This is my second year entering. Today I received an email from the Chairman of the International Society of Poets stating that " after reading and discussing your poetry, the Editorial Advisory Board of the International Library of Poetry has nominated you for membership in the most exciting poetry organization in the world -- the International Society of Poets!"

So, I thought I should share with my blog readers the poem the Editorial Committee at poetry.com has been "reading and discussing" before deciding to nominate me for membership in the exclusive society "dedicated to recognizing poetic talent such as (mine)."
Enjoy.

Kiss My Lips

Kiss my lips, soft and fluffy
Red and wet, creased and chubby
Kiss my lips for love, for fun
Here, there, everywhere
Anywhere a mouse can run
Kiss my lips. Don’t make me chase.
Just like gravy on my face
Kiss my lips, soft and sweet
On the bus, or in the street
Kiss my lips in a bookstore
In a car. Kiss them like a movie star
Kiss my lips all alone or in a crowd
Kiss them long and kiss them loud
Kiss me standing. Sitting down.
Kiss me sideways, upside down.
Kiss my lips while north or south
as long as we are mouth to mouth
Kiss my lips, not once, not twice
Kiss them ‘til they’re cold as ice
XXX XXX
XXX …XX

-------------------------------------------------
I know. Clearly, I should quit my day-job tomorrow and write songs for boy bands. Mmmmmm Bop. Simply brilliant.
Let's hope it will do better in Wergle Flomp than last year's entry, entitled
A Prayer for Beabod, my black goldfish in the early 80s: God rest his soul

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP