Sunday, September 9, 2007

Random Thoughts

> I've decided that frustration breeds creative productivity for me. Especially career and romantic relationship frustrations. I have been super- frustrated with both lately. I have been writing and jotting down notes like crazy. Getting all sorts of ideas. Good ones? Hell, I dunno. They seem brilliant at the time. But then I discount some and toss them aside or forget to write them down. Or, I blog, of course.

> More frequent trips to the grocery have caused me to notice that there is a company that exists in close proximity called PLANNED LIGHTING. I like to imagine it's a clinic for people who have gone crazy with lighting fixtures before perhaps they should have, morally and/or practically. Perhaps they are out of control with lighting. Maybe they have resorted to lighting a home they do not own outright, such as a rented apartment, and therefore, they have need of the services and resources of someone who can assist them in planning their home lighting in a more responsible fashion. (ala Planned Parenthood).

This made me think of other businesses with funny names. One of my favs is a Chinese take-out chain in Indiana called YOU A CARRY OUTA. I love it. I mean, I've never eaten their take-out, so I can't speak for the food quality, but you can't beat the name.

> I've decided that it's a good thing that my highly restrictive diet prohibits alcohol. This is a very lucky thing for me. Though I've yet to ever actually fall prey to the act of drunk-dialing someone, this might have been my week. Yes, fortunately, keeping my sobriety and insecurities in tact has allowed me to refrain from doing something completely regrettable week.

> I never thought I would say that I'm getting sick of avocados. But, I'm afraid this is moment is fast approaching.

>Chocolate Rain. I finally saw the video on YouTube and the song keeps haunting me at random times, then I went to an engagement party and it was part of the discussion. What a bizarre virtual world we live in that this guy's has gotten such exposure. I fully expect to hear fabulous, creative sampling of this in a dance club mix the next time I go dancing. Dee-jays don't let me down!

>Speaking of club dancing....DAVIS, get the silver club dress outta the closet! (I ditched my retro 60s one long ago, but have another that should suffice. Where is the black disco catsuit when a girl needs it?) We'll have to go dancing when I'm in L.A. in a few weeks visiting my city-of-angels posse. L.A. folks- I'll be the chick in the corner drinking San Pellegrino with a lime when she's not kicking ass on the dancefloor.

> Ode to Lasagna: Lasagna you are the object of my innermost desire. Absence has made the heart grow all the fonder. I cannot bring myself to pass by Piazza Bella (where I'm convinced they add cinnamon to the luscious, tomato-meat sauce). I cannot wait until I am able to fondle your cheese-hearty noodles again between hungry lips and teeth and tongue. Such long-suffering sacrifice I endure. Though I can now slip into the Calvin Kleins once dismissed as "too ambitious"; I am dreaming of you.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP