Saturday, October 4, 2008

I NEED, Wait...No...I WANT CHANGE


Sign found near bus stop (Belmont/Broadway).
I can't tell if this was supposed to be a political sign or was used in attempt to collect coinage from passers-by. Regardless, I am curious about the reason for the word change. I like to imagine that some drunk bum decided to try and capitalize on Obama's campaign slogan to get money for cigarettes and liquor, but half-way through writing the sign realized that he can't say he's like Obama and be dishonest about needing the money. So, he changed the sign to read want and underlined it twice for heavy emphasis, keeping integrity. Of course, later, he abandoned the sign, leaving it among other street garbage, because apparently the Obama-likeness ends where environmental-consciousness begins. :)
I took this photo while waiting for the bus on my way home from a birthday party on Thursday night. Since I missed the Palin/Biden debate that night (they insisted on watching the Cubs game instead at the bar), I was relying on other people to fill me in until I could watch it later ; people at the party were getting messages on their Blackberries from friends with debate play-by-play notes. All I got was one text message from my friend Marcia that read: OMG- she just said nu-q-lar.

1 comments:

Dawn:,  October 4, 2008 at 11:25 PM  

Lately I try to offer a big, friendly wink after everything I say. I feel it brings me closer to the American people. After all, I'm just a straight-talking maverick from Main Street.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP