a series of tests
I got sick. Again. Major sinus infection had me down for almost 4 days. The cold weather is making me miserable. I'm gradually getting better.
Work is ridiculous. Always the same corporate game any company I work for. I have no passion for it. It irritates me. I just try to get through it.
My one-act is being publicized in Time Out Chicago and as having been written by the guy who's producing it. Also, my name has never appeared in the listing on the theatre's website. However, I'm not so sure it's a bad thing, so I haven't made a stink about it. The show's overpriced at $15 for a 40 minute one-act that is basically a vanity production to get some actors credits on their resume. The best thing for that can come of this for them is a big lesson in marketing, public relations, and just learning about the industry and what is considered good and bad form when producing a show. I will see the show for the first time tomorrow and will either have a good time or bite my tongue off in my mouth to get through it. It could go either way, since a few of the actors are new to stage acting. I didn't announce the production to all of my friends and acquaintances in the city, just a few here and there and by posting it here. My preference would be for everyone to see one of my full-length plays performed by an established, reputable company and have this be the way people first see my work. But, everyone has to start somewhere. And I have to remind myself that it's some of the very best of my friends that have tickets and the very best of them will laugh with me even if it's not the best show. They support me because they already think I have talent. So, I have to remind myself that there's nothing to prove to those folks. At the very least, I am getting portfolio pieces for the graphic art I've done for the poster and the program (I offered to do them for free, but also perhaps to make sure my name appeared somewhere as having written it). As far as royalty fees go, if I actually get my check, it will cover the precise amount I spent on my two sets of tickets to see it this weekend.
Anyhow...
Happy Valentine's Day
XO
1 comments:
I'm really interested to hear how it went. And either way, congratulations on your first production! Hope you feel better soon.
Post a Comment