Satisfactory!
The play is going very well. The actors are doing a great job with it. Saturday was a sold-out crowd (or at least all but one seat). Audience members have been heard saying they were having so much fun they hoped it would go on longer and it has been noted that, even though the audience is often quiet, they don't stop smiling from beginning to end of the production and have nothing but good things to say after. So, it was worth the effort, after all. I did get plenty of public acknowledgement as the 'playwright' when I attended and did receive my royalty fee check in full. All is well and good and I feel quite accomplished.
Thanks to those of you who traveled and got babysitters and made a point to attend and show your support!
Tonight is the the last performance. I will not be in the audience, but may catch up with cast and crew at an after-party.
- jen
3 comments:
OK, that's good to hear. I was concerned you weren't getting your props. But you are. So all is well.
As the kids say, whoohoo!
We had a blast Sat night. I was so proud to sit next to the playwright! Excellent writing Jen but I have always been a fan of your writing.
Can't wait until the next production. Your work is totally worth the hassle and expense of getting a sitter for a night out with the cool hip grownups!
Wonderful! I'm so happy to hear it. Congratulations- wish I could have been there.
Post a Comment