Sunday, December 3, 2006

Holiday Decorating

Okay. It's official. I suck at hanging holiday lights. I only have one strand of the vintage-looking, multi-colored bulbs that I wrapped around my main window. Took me two hours and it still looks half-assed. I even broke a bulb in the process. I like to think I am a person of many talents. This is not one of them.

Notice I said "holiday" bulbs to be all-inclusive. Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa...it doesn't matter to me. And even though I'm not a huge Christmas person, as historically it's not all that accurate to say that December 25th is the actual anniversary of the birth of Christ, I am still irritated by the laziness of the use of Xmas over the word Christmas. It's five letters. And if X = Christ in this algebra, then what does XXX equate to? The Holy Trinity? Something to think about... And we wonder why so many clergymen are confused about this...tsk,tsk. I implore you: abbreviate with caution. :)

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP