Free Agent, Reporting for Duty
So, I finally, officially, got the boot. My position was eliminated in another round of cutbacks. Working as a slave to Corporate America is a thing of the past. Now I shall be working as a slave to clients, hopefully nice, respectable ones as a virtual assistant. Need to find more clients first. This will keep me quite busy.
So, what did I do to start off my first day of unemploy...I mean....self-employment?
I admit, somewhere between letting the dog out, heating up some quiche and brewing coffee with my new French-press coffeemaker, I did some actual jumping up and down like a child on the first day of summer vacation. There's just something inherently beautiful about a day that doesn't begin with a 45 minute bus and el commute with your face in someone's armpit.
Mars is so confused. He can't decide if he should be inside or outside or sleeping or playing or begging for food. We are in need of a new routine.
I will be working on my marketing materials and website for the next couple weeks. I'll link to my site once I'm live. As always, I will keep you posted.
- jen

2 comments:
Drinks are on me. Seriously, lets do happy hour. or come out to Ind. and I'll make dinner and you can help change diapers. let me know.
Yay! Sounds like a blessing to me. Good luck getting the clients you need. You always seemed like you would be much happier dictating your own schedule. I know I am.
Post a Comment