i overslept
by 2 hours today. Do you have any idea what this means?
It means I WAS SLEEPING!!!!!
It's a miracle!
Got a new doc and a new protocol that includes a temporary, torturous diet of no dairy, next to no carbs, and as little sugar as possible. I thought I would die after day one, but I'm hanging in there. And today...progress.
I woke up this morning and checked the clock this morning. HOLY SHIT. 8:30.
My alarm was set for like 9 am from the weekend, so I still woke up before an alarm sounded. But I've never had to actually rely an alarm because I wake up maybe every 15-30 minutes or so all night anyways. Funny thing- for most of my life I thought this was how everyone slept (half-awake, half-dreaming). Thought maybe I was just a lighter sleeper than people who need alarms. It wasn't until, a few years back, I got up one morning to the guy sleeping next to me exclaiming "OH MY GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? You never slept all night? You were tossing and turning constantly! I kept feeling like you were in pain and I couldn't do anything for you. How can you live like this?!" Grumpy from no sleep, of course. And I felt absolutely horrible for being such miserable sleep-company. But it was his reaction that made me first realize: I don't know what deep sleep means and this is not normal. I know what complete exhaustion feels many days, at the end of the day, but not relief from it. At the same time, I feel like I'm not a true insomniac. True insomniacs I think are far more productive. When they can't sleep they read or surf the net or write or catch up on movies or they clean. I have always aspired to be the productive kind of sleep-deprived person. But...things are looking up- me over-sleeping this morning. I was bouncing around the apartment as I got ready this morning thinking- I slept! I slept! And then I called my boss and left her a message, got dressed, put on face in like 15 minutes and grabbed a cab to make up for lost time.
Then about ten minutes later I almost died, literally. The cab driver pulled out in front of another oncoming cab while getting off the expressway at Jackson. I was screaming "Whoa, whoa whoa what are you doing!!!" to the driver as the other cab abruptly steered away to narrowly avert our demise. I thought O-kay, I almost died just then and then I remembered...I slept last night. :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment