Bringing you up to speed
Since I last posted, I have had:
4 events I had to coordinate within 7 days time (3 work-related/1 writers association)
3 fraudulent charges to my debit card from an online war games site
3 trips to the naprapath (I swear by naprapaths- they are a godsend)
2 friends give birth (both had girls)
1 meeting with a media company about making my play into a movie (I declined.)
1 injury to my back triggering the recent series of all too familiar inflammatory “episodes” (okay…I tripped over my dog while reading something and the pain at one point was nearly unbearable—where’s my Aspercreme? No, tiger balm…no, Traumeel! Still recovering…)
1 hour spent in a tattoo parlor (just looking, no ink to show for it)
1 dream that I was cast as Peter Pan in a musical production of Peter Pan against my will. I kept insisting that they could likely wrap my chest to get me into the costume, but there was no way they’d be able to hide my ass to pass me off as a little elfish white-boy. I insisted they call in Sandy Duncan. They refused.
Other stuff:
Been reading Ayn Rand’s The Fountainhead and I’m really enjoying it. Great characters, some fantastic passages. There are many critics of Ayn’s philosophy of Objectivism, most make it sound like she champions the antithesis to the Golden Rule, but I think she has some good ideas that are misunderstood. She’s very attuned to the nature people and I love that she’s unapologetic about calling things as they are. She also believes there should be “a complete separation of state and economics, in the same way and for the same reasons as the separation of state and church.” It’s likely my negative experiences with churches and charities and disgust with political corruption that are driving me right into the open pages of Ayn Rand. Also, I have an interest in exploring the life of a female philosopher in my writings and she is one of a few that are of interest to me. I'm already looking forward to Atlas Shrugged.
0 comments:
Post a Comment